












*WARNING*LONG POST!! So this past week we were able to go up to Chase's Nana and Papas cabin in Southern Colorado. Its pretty close to the New Mexico border, but Chase thinks if people hear New Mexico, they are going to think its not beautiful. haha Pictures don't do it justice. Its gorgeous there! We left last Wednesday and got there pretty late that night. Thursday morning consisted of going and looking at all the places we didn't see because of driving in so late(which was everything) Anyways we drove around to different places and decided to go up to the top of what is called "Spruce Hole". The elevation is at 10,500 feet so it was pretty high up there but its a tradition for the Rasmussens to go up there and take pictures. Well we drove my car up to the cabin cause it gets better gas mileage than Chase's car. We made it up to the top of the mountain perfectly fine. Took some amazing pictues. On our way back down, not more than 5 minutes from the very top, Chase hits a huge rock!!! I knew it didn't sound good, but Chase said, oh i think we just bottomed out. As i look in the mirror and see something leaking behind us I tell Chase to stop!! As we get out of the car, and strong stench of oil was all around us!! Sure enough, Chase cracked the OIL PAN in my car! Turned the car off and started climbing down the mountain. I wasn't very happy, and either was Chase. My sister Tobi was invited by Chase's cousin up to the cabin so they were with us as well. I wasn't in a very good mood after that:( After walking about 1 1/2 to 2 hours a car comes driving up the mountain, so we stop them and ask if we can get a ride back to the cabin. Luckily they were very nice people and said on their way back down, they will pick us up. We walked for another 30 min and finally got picked up! To spare you the long details, my car was on blocks the whole time we were at the cabin, luckily a family member is a mechanic so it was fixed and ready to go by yesterday morning for coming home. Chase's papa(who will be doing the sealing for us when we get married) asked me if there are grounds for a divorce, before even being married!!! haha I was cracking up! The family was real worried that I didn't love Chase anymore for destroying my car, but its fixed and all better. Yes I do still love Chase more than ever! So looks like November 7th is still the date!! haha I had the best time being with all of Chase's family and getting to know them better! I can't wait til next year to go again, this time we will be married:) There are many more details about the trip but I am getting tired of typing so thats all you get! Here are some pictures!
4 comments:
Thats so funny! Same thing happen to me and tanner! Tanner crashed my car a week before we got married. The whole side of my drivers side was smashed in, But in the end its all good and we just laugh about it now.
Oh goodness - you guys have such eventful vacations! We are glad you were able to get your car repaired in the middle of no where so you could make it home!
We're sad we missed out this summer. Looking forward to next year, hopefully!
I'm sorry about your car! Good thing you had a fun time otherwise. Ps. my eyes hurt from reading your post. The hot pink just kind of did it for me... That's cool that Toby was able to go!
i can't wait to hang. we'll be living at my house haha
Post a Comment