Saturday, September 12, 2009

I shouldn't let it get to me...

Every Saturday morning, Brent and I(Chase) get together to watch our favorite soccer team Arsenal. When they win, it leaves me feeling great all weekend long; when they lose, I feel distraught until the new week. Ok, so maybe I exaggerate a little, but still, why does it get to me? Maybe its the same reason why I can't watch embarrassing moments of a sitcom even though I know its fake.

But today, after watching another defeat, I'm just mad. Not so much at the loss, but what happened during the game. Now, to give a little background, the tall guy for the blue jersey team (Manchester City) played for Arsenal for the previous 4 seasons, but in the last 2, became very lazy, losing favor with the fans and some of his team mates. Van Persie, the attackee, was the leading scorer for Arsenal last year and is one of our best players.

In an article on BBC, Adebayor (the attacker) claims he was going for the ball when the following incident occurred. You tell me what you think. I'm still fuming(hence the post.) I know few of you care, but I thought I would share my feelings on the matter.

7 comments:

Goose said...

Looks pretty intentional to me. But, calm down big guy.

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

I think it's intentional. Im glad we have an excuse to go to London! To watch a European soccer game to fulfill your dream and for me just because I love that city! Go Arsenal!

Tassi Smith said...

I was unable to watch the video. I hope you have been able to calm down. Whatever you do don't take it out on Tatum. She did not make them lose.

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

Hey Tatum, this is your cousin Linsey from Flagstaff. We have been "blog stalking" you for a while but were afraid to leave you a message because we didn't think you would remember us. We saw your mom at Guy Gardner's funeral a few weeks ago and she said to leave you a message on your blog. It's been fun to see what your family is up to. Congrats on getting married, you guys are too cute!!

Shane and Kelci said...

I'm glad I found your guys's blog so that I could show Shane your passion for soccer. We both thought that play was messed up. But we have one question...why follow arsenal? Why not follow a good team like Manu, Liverpool or Real Madrid? AMEN. haha! :).

Keli Call said...

Hi Tatum! I'm so glad my sister found you on here. I remember seeing your wedding invitation and I told my mom how gorgeous you were. You and your hubby are cute! My mom was so excited to see your mom at Guys funeral she started to cry. She loves your mom! I also noticed you are going to cosmetology school. I am very jealous; I’ve wanted to do that since high school but never had the guts to go. You’ll have to let me know how it goes. Keep in touch!

Kylie said...

I am glad to know that there are other Arsenal fans out there...my husband is the biggest Arsenal fan I know!!! ;)

Kylie (Brinton) Glover